4 Week Speaking Challenge – Example Coaching Feedback – Speech 1 – Rosa Siles
Example Coaching Feedback – Speech 1 – Rosa Siles
4 Week Speaking Challenge – Speech 1 – Rosa Siles
Speech #1: How To Introduce Yourself In One Minute In English At Events
Speaking Evaluation Criteria: Speech 1
(Marks: 9-10 excellent: 7-8 good: 5-6 pass: 4-1 fail)
Good job! Your overall mark is 8.5 which is “good/excellent”. Here is my feedback on the 5 speech criteria for speech 1.
|Use of English (vocabulary & grammar) (out of 10)||You used good, appropriate and professional vocabulary for your sector. And you had no major grammar mistakes. My suggestions:
· “disruptive digital health company” – too many adjectives, use less e.g. ‘digital health company’.
· clinical experts – e.g. doctors
· “What we do is…” – there are 26 words in this sentence, it´s too long and loses impact.
· “So that they…” has 14 words and is concise and clear.
· “digital mantra” is unclear, use “company motto”.
· The digital mantra, “data really improves lives” is really helpful for the listener to summarise what you do.
|Clear, simple and concise ideas (out of 10)||Rosa your key messages are simple and concise. And you´ve changed the chip from Spanish into English well. For a non technical audience I think you could simplify some terms you use as explained in ‘Use of English’.
|Confident delivery when speaking (out of 10)||I think you´re a confident person and overall you transmit that confidence when speaking.
|Body language – be relaxed and professional (out of 10)||
I think you need to relax a little bit more when speaking to sound more natural and sound less like you´re reading. Try breathing deeply and slowing your breathing before speaking.
|Project your voice (out of 10)
You project your voice well. You need to work more on “flow” so you sound more natural when speaking.
I would also add more vocal variety – use pauses, emphasise key words, speak loudly and softly, speak really fast or slow. Using vocal variety makes it sound more interesting for the other person to listen to.