Stuck At An Intermediate Speaking Level In English?
Are you stuck at an intermediate speaking level in English? And thinking about how to get to an advanced speaking level? It’s normal.
And being stuck at an intermediate speaking level in English is known as the “intermediate plateau” (see the British Council).
In fact it is one of the most common problems we see with professionals wanting to progress in their careers with our Business English training.
As Business English trainers we always get asked, “how can I make the jump to an advanced speaking level?”
To become an Advanced Business English Speaker requires a good plan (point 2 and 3), belief (point 1), constancy and commitment to your goal (point 2) and really making English part of your day to day (points 3, 4 and 5).
Lack of time? Doing micro learning tasks in English (see points 3,4,5) can maximize your limited time to see good results.
👉🏻 We give you 5 tips & techniques that have helped lots of professionals. (And watch our 3 minute video explanation).
- Stop Apologising – stop apologising for your bad English and focus on ‘good communication in English’.
- 3 Goals – write your three most important reasons for becoming an Advanced Business English Speaker? And why?
- Find the right mix – find the right mix for you of natural learning (series, podcasts) vs deliberate learning (exercises, flashcards, teacher).
- Immerse yourself in English (do tech stuff in English, conversation opportunities, do part of your hobbies in English)
- Business English Speaking activities – prepare and record ‘speaking answers’ to your meetings in English, 5 minute Ignite presentations, describe your ideal job/company in English).
Stop translating in your head and start thinking in English
The English Training Company. We help professionals and companies become Advanced Business English Speakers.