Would You Like To Make An Impact In English?
(Image/photo source: https://unsplash.com/@sunday_digital)
Top Tips – How To Make An Impact In English – 5 Minute Speeches For Meetings and Presentations In English
Would you like to make an impact in English? And make an impact in meetings and presentations in English?
We’ve all sat through boring meetings and presentations, where time management and impact are limited.
And ‘Ignite Presentations’ is a great technique that we use in our training to help professionals and managers make an impact in English.
Ignite presentations are ‘5 minute presentations’ with impact.
Careful! It’s challenging and not for everyone.
What is an Ignite Presentation?
The Ignite presentation format is a 5 minutes long presentation with 20 slides and with the slides changing automatically every 15 seconds. It maximises both your impact and time management skills. And it’s challenging! See the Ignite website for examples (http://www.ignitetalks.io/).
How To Prepare A 5 Minute Presentation?
1. Put it in context – what’s the context of your presentation? Write 1 or 2 sentences about the context.
2. Key message – what’s your key message. Write it in one sentence of 15 words or less.
3. Three main ideas – what are your two or three main ideas?
4. Format 20 slides – write what you want to say in a format of 20 slides.
5. Visual 20 slides – create visual slides. Use images that capture your ideas.
6. Rehearse – practice reading it out loud and then again (record yourself speaking).
7. Edit – saying less is more and don’t be afraid to use pauses to fill the 15 seconds.
8. Delivery – practice presenting it using the PowerPoint option (set slides to advance every 15 second) (and record yourself speaking).
Be brave and good luck! Ignite presentations are challenging.
I hope this helps you with your professional English and in your professional career, Christopher!
The English Training Company – we help companies and professionals to become Advanced Business English Speakers and make their mark!