Weekly Class – Why do Danes happily pay high rates of taxes?
Hi everyone! Here is our weekly class (08/05 – 12/05) (video, questions and opinion).
“Weekly Class – Why do Danes happily pay high rates of taxes?”. English Level = B1 & B2
Listening – 5 Questions
- The Kingdom of Denmark is surrounded by the UK, Sweden and which two other countries?
- How much is Denmark’s GDP?
- What is Denmark’s economy focused on?
- Denmark was the first country to do what?
- What benefits to Danes (Danish citizens) get for paying high taxes?
- What is today’s average income tax for the highest earners?
What’s your opinion?
Audio record your opinion (1-2 min) and get feedback from me, Christopher Wright, your Business English Trainer.
Email it to me at “email@example.com” with the subject “Weekly Class – Why do Danes happily pay high rates of taxes?”.
Have a good week!
Thanks everyone, Christopher.
(answers: 1) Germany and Norway 2) $295 or roughly $300 billion dollars 10 gallons of water per day 3) high-tech agriculture, maritime shipping, renewable energy and exports in food, oil and gas 4) to build offshore wind farms 5) Danes get free or heavily subsidised healthcare, free education, work compensation when sick or on parental leave 6) nearly 56%