Weekly Class – What Is A Smart City?
Source: CNBC news
Hola a todos aquí te doy la clase semanal de inglés de negocios, “Weekly Class – What Is a Smart City?”. Nivel de inglés B1 y B2. (Video, preguntas/respuestas y opinión).
Hi everyone! Here is our weekly class (video, questions/answers and opinion). “Weekly Class – What Is a Smart City?”. English Level = B1 & B2.
Video – Questions (watch the video from 0:00 to 1:30 mins)
- What is a Smart City?
- The presenter mentions 8 parts – Public transportation, IT connectivity, Water. Can you name three more?
- What two buzz words are mentioned?
- Why is Singapore the gold standard?
- Singapore launched its Smart City Program in 2014. What three things can the Government effectively monitor?
- How many ‘Smart Services’ have been rolled out as part of the ‘Smart Dubai Initiative’?
What’s your opinion about the video?
Audio record your opinion (1-2 min) and get feedback from me, Christopher Wright, your Business English Trainer.
Email it to me at “firstname.lastname@example.org” with the subject “Weekly Class – What Is A Smart City?”.
Have a good week!
¡Espero que la clase semanal sea útil para tu trabajo y carrera profesional, Christopher!
Answers: 1) Governments want to infuse technology into every aspect of it´s city´s operations 2) Power supply, sanitation, solid waste management, urban mobility, e-governance, citizen participation 3) Big data & the internet of things (IoT) 4) For their extensive work collecting data on daily living 5) crowd density, cleanliness of public spaces and the exact movement of every locally registered vehicle 6) 50 Smart Services